I have been sewing a little, but my projects are all big ones and take a lot of time before any progress can be shown. I am stitching on my boutis a few times a week, but it is only progressing slowly.
Otherwise, I have finished the 24 middle blocks of the Kim McLean pattern Flower Garden. Here are the last two blocks:
We have been trying to fussy cut the blocks so that we get a lot of different effects from the same piece of fabric - it is really amazing how different the Kaffe Fassett prints can appear. I have found that the very large prints work the best for this.
Also, I have continued to work on the quilt I am designing as a 6 part block of 2 months - BO2M - for the Procrastinating Quilters in Clearwater. I drew the center based on a picture I had seen of an antique quilt - the stiff stems appealed to me. I drew pomegranates instead of the flowers I believe were on the quilt. After that, the rounds have been based on either 3" or 6" borders. I have just basted down this applique border. Instead of sewing wool circles between the loops of the vine, I am using the hexagons I had left over from the second border of the quilt. Please excuse the lumpy appearance of the vine - it is not yet sewn and the tight corners still look messy !
Last but not least, here are the first few blocks of an applique BOM I am doing from Common Threads quilt shop. It is the Cousins Walk antique reproduction from the Quilted Crow ladies. I love it - initially I thought I would not enjoy the chunky stems, but they go with the folky look of the quilt. I still have to sew the small circles for the center of the flowers.
Happy Sunday Sewing !