Welcome Wilkommen Bienvenue

Thanks for visiting ! Please leave me comments, I love to read what you might think about the boutis (which is also known as "Broderie de Marseille"), please share with me what you have seen, what you love, how-tos, good museums to visit, pattern origins, and so on ..... you get the idea !

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Boutis Class


Last Saturday I taught a beginning boutis class at the West Pasco quilt guild. They have been very supportive of my boutis efforts, and welcomed Nicole to teach there last year (it is almost a whole year ago - amazing). I enjoyed the class a lot, the ladies were interested and were doing very nice work already - it is such a pleasure to teach a motivated and talented group ! Thanks to Anne for the photo.

In a couple of weeks I will be teaching a finishing techniques class. It seemed to me that finishing techniques are often ignored in beginning classes, as there is very little time to cover everything and get some stitching done in one day. I have developed a notebook style class in which we will cover about half a dozen different, interesting finishes.

So if you are in the area and want to take a class in boutis, let me know !

3 comments:

Lou said...

I think it was an happy day with your pupils, and I see Robby on the picture behind you !

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

So ein "finish-Kurs" ist eine tolle Idee ! Das kommt auch hier in den Anfängerkursen viel zu kurz, bzw. fehlt völlig.
Schönes Foto :-)

Nini Petits Boutis said...

partager son savoir est une belle expérience - bravo -