Welcome Wilkommen Bienvenue

Thanks for visiting ! Please leave me comments, I love to read what you might think about the boutis (which is also known as "Broderie de Marseille"), please share with me what you have seen, what you love, how-tos, good museums to visit, pattern origins, and so on ..... you get the idea !

Friday, December 5, 2014

Advent

There hasn't been much sewing going on here recently, as we had a quick trip to Germany over Thanksgiving.  Our son decided not to come back here for Christmas this year, so we went to visit him instead.  It coincided nicely with the first weekend of Advent, so we were able to experience a very nice Christmas market in Deidesheim.  Deidesheim is a wine village at the end of the Southern Wine Route, a beautiful small place with world-renowned wines and restaurants.  It is the perfect setting for a Christmas market and further enhanced by the careful selection of the vendors.










I bought beeswax candles as I do each year, but otherwise we just enjoyed the atmosphere and some hot Gluehwein !
During our trip we also had a couple of visits to Alsace, to see some of our favorite places but this time also to visit Obernai, where I had not been.
Oh dear, sorry about the truck !
 





And last but not least ..... the very beautiful cathedral of Speyer, Germany.  I believe this is the first time I have seen it completely without scaffolding.  The cathedral has undergone extensive renovations in the last years, and is now restored to its full glory.
I hope you are all enjoying some peace during this Advent season.

2 comments:

Donna in SW PA said...

Looks wonderful. Glad you can go!

Lou said...

Merci pour toutes ces belles photos !