Welcome Wilkommen Bienvenue

Thanks for visiting ! Please leave me comments, I love to read what you might think about the boutis (which is also known as "Broderie de Marseille"), please share with me what you have seen, what you love, how-tos, good museums to visit, pattern origins, and so on ..... you get the idea !

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sunday Funday

Recently I have felt the need to finish a few of the many things I have in progress.   It's funny how some items are left for a long time, and they really don't need much work to finish.   So my focus has been on finishing, and I am resisting the impulse to start anything new.

First up, the modern quilt I made for my daughter's college graduation:
Hard to see, but the quilting is a modern curved line design, done by Marlene Hooten.

Then I challenged myself to piece Temecula's little Christmas quilt from 2015, for which I had the kit.   When I looked at it last year, I thought I cannot do that - the blocks finish at 2 1/4".   Now I have a different job, which has changed my outlook and helped me feel more like myself !    So now it was no problem to piece this one:
Today I have layered it ready for quilting - love the binding they chose for the kit.

And lastly,  a peek at two small boutis (petassons) which came to me a couple of months back, but which I have not shown yet.   Both the usual size, one better quality than the other in terms of design and work, but I always do love the simple ones as well.   Humble they may be, but at a great deal of thought and work went into each one of them.

 Corner motif
 Border middle, basket
 Center
This simpler design is edged with broderie anglaise.
 Love the swirl in the corners
Simple central motif.
Both could do with a soak in water, they are clean and perfect but I like to get rid of the storage marks.
My large boutis has been neglected, with the cooler weather I am more willing to work on the stuffing.   it's hard to hold a big piece to stuff the center, and the linen on the back is not helping me.   I love the fabric, but I will not do this again.   I feel I have less definition of design on the back because of it.   We never stop learning !

Hope everyone gets some stitching time today.

3 comments:

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Liebe Heather,
der Graduation-Quilt ist traumhaft schön ! Temecula macht tolle Designs, aber bei 2 1/4 inch muss ich passen ;-). Mal sehen, irgendwann probiere ich es vielleicht... :-)

Liebe Grüße
Angelika

sanpiseth40 said...

I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
Thanks for sharing the good information!
หนังใหม่

Credit Loan Solution said...

Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages,have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We offer any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you.What are your Financial needs?Do you need a business loan?Do you need a personal loan?Do you want to buy a car?Do you want to refinance?Do you need a mortgage loan?Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? Contact us (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

Your Name:...............
Your Country:...............
Your Occupation:...............
Loan Amount Needed:...............
Loan Duration...............
Monthly Income:...............
Your Telephone Number:.....................
Business Plan/Use Of Your Loan:...............
Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com