Welcome Wilkommen Bienvenue

Thanks for visiting ! Please leave me comments, I love to read what you might think about the boutis (which is also known as "Broderie de Marseille"), please share with me what you have seen, what you love, how-tos, good museums to visit, pattern origins, and so on ..... you get the idea !

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Jacksonville Show

Many people stopped and were intrigued about how the boutis is actually made - so I answered many questions and I hope that we will have more interest in the future.
Look at this group of ladies ! They are (most of) the members of the Clearwater Boutis group Loose Stitches and were my traveling partners in Jacksonville. All of them are accomplished stitchers and we had a great time. We ate, shopped, shopped and shopped. Three of us now have the lovely basket from Ghana that Robby is carrying - and we all bought the same fabric to make a liner for it. I am working on everyone to make a boutis each for the show next year so we can have our own category - wouldn't that be great !

Here is my petasson that won the 3rd place in minatures at the Quiltfest. I was so grateful and excited !


1 comment:

Lappesola said...

Congratulations on your prize. It's a beautiful piece of boutis.

best wishes from Sol in Norway