Welcome Wilkommen Bienvenue

Thanks for visiting ! Please leave me comments, I love to read what you might think about the boutis (which is also known as "Broderie de Marseille"), please share with me what you have seen, what you love, how-tos, good museums to visit, pattern origins, and so on ..... you get the idea !

Sunday, October 2, 2011

House Quilt

Who can resist a house quilt ?  Yesterday I took a class to make the cover quilt from the book Friendship Strips and Scraps by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket quilts.  It was in my favorite quilt shop in Clearwater, Country Quilts and Bears, and will be a 6 month project.  We had a great time, it is such a pleasure to be among friends doing something we all love to do. 
Here is Roni, our teacher, showing how she put her strips together.  It is so much fun choosing how to lay these out, and seeing how nice they look together.  It is hard for me to mix different types of prints, but in these blocks it makes them more interesting.  As always, Roni was well prepared for class and we were given cute little charms and needle cases.  It felt like getting presents when we opened our block and applique kits too !  Janet is in the background working on her doors and windows.

Roni even had a batik with window frames already in the print !

Here are my first two houses - the applique doors and windows are just laid out, they will be positioned properly and stitched down next.  We have lovely fabrics for our applique blocks, and will be swapping some too.  I think I will need to make two of these quilts !
Hope everyone is getting some stitching time today !

4 comments:

Marié du Toit said...

Oh the houses is lovely- I will try getting my hands on Edyta's book

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Das Projekt sieht sehr interessant aus ! Ich bin schon gespannt, wie es weitergeht :-)
Liebe Grüße
Angelika

Donna in SW PA said...

Looks like a fun project! Can't wait for my package to arrive.

Blogger said...

Vinyl on its own provides an excellent low-maintenance exterior for any window. Vinyl windows are strong and provide a special value.

Go here to find the highest rated Vinyl Window Installers - close to your neighbourhood.