Welcome Wilkommen Bienvenue

Thanks for visiting ! Please leave me comments, I love to read what you might think about the boutis (which is also known as "Broderie de Marseille"), please share with me what you have seen, what you love, how-tos, good museums to visit, pattern origins, and so on ..... you get the idea !

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Playing with wool

Yesterday Janet (no blog yet but coming soon !) and I spent some time playing with our new wool block of the week from here
I don't like working with fusible web, it is a personal preference (I know many people love it !), so I was happy to find some new tips in this book:
These ladies suggest washable glue sticks and staples !   Well, it's worth a try I thought, so I got out my little stapler and glue stick, and I have to say - love it !!  The stapler does not leave a mark in the wool, the glue does not stick hard but seems to hold things in place.  Here are the first two blocks:

To be fair to the designer, I changed the flower on the second block drastically, hers was much more complicated.  Another thing about this summer project, is that there is a freebie each week; this summer these are small blocks of wool applique on cotton, here are the first four (not stitched yet, and the last two are glued/stapled, on the others I used fusible web)

I am going to match my thread to the appliques, mostly using DMC and some nice silk floss I have on hand.  I like a lighter look on the embroidery. 
Hope everyone gets some stitching time today !

3 comments:

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Das sieht spannend aus :-) Ich konnte nicht glauben, was Du über Deine neuen Hilfmittel geschrieben hast, und habe "stapler" im Wörterbuch nachgeschlagen ;-))
Liebe Grüße
Angelika

Donna in SW PA said...

Very NicE!

Lou said...

J'adore ! toi aussi tu te mets aux moutons :))