Welcome Wilkommen Bienvenue

Thanks for visiting ! Please leave me comments, I love to read what you might think about the boutis (which is also known as "Broderie de Marseille"), please share with me what you have seen, what you love, how-tos, good museums to visit, pattern origins, and so on ..... you get the idea !

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Country Inn

It has been a LONG time since I worked on this quilt top.   Lou and I did it as a stitch along, but of course she was finished much faster than me !    I got us the same background fabrics and shared some of my reds so we would have a similar quilt, and then we each did our own interpretation.   I have a few days off so was able to put it together finally, and today I will be piecing the back ready for the quilter.  
I left out the many Dresden plates, which I thought were too heavy for the border, and just added the central 4.  I found the pattern design for them too lumpy (so many seams in the middle) so I made them separately, cut out the bulky center and added an applique circle.

Of course Winston had to inspect everything !

Today I am working on getting some other (older) items ready for quilting !

5 comments:

Karen said...

Very pretty! Watched as Lou posted pics of her's. Both are lovely. Will be interested to see what your quilter does. Congrats on getting it finished!

Marie du Gard said...

coucou Heather, ce patch est magnifique. Bravo ! Très belles vacances. Bises de la provence

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love the colors!

Pam said...

I looked up Boutis as I had never heard of it. Very interesting. This technique creates such an unusual look. Very beautiful-i am glad to have learned of it.

smurugappan said...

Hi,

It's really nice.




Foreign Trade Policy India