Welcome Wilkommen Bienvenue

Thanks for visiting ! Please leave me comments, I love to read what you might think about the boutis (which is also known as "Broderie de Marseille"), please share with me what you have seen, what you love, how-tos, good museums to visit, pattern origins, and so on ..... you get the idea !

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Boutis Book




Nicole sent me this glorious book for my birthday, I absolutely love it because it is completely my taste in the boutis, the traditional patterns and forms. It would be fair to say that I want to make ALL of the patterns in this book - which should keep me busy for some time !

2 comments:

Angel said...

I absolutly love boutis......I have purchased 2 books myself on boutis...and they are both in French. I am hopefully that my highschool French classes will kick in and I will be able to translate them LOL

Angel said...

Are there any books you recommend? I am a beginner. I can applique and hand quilt fairly well. I really wish there were people/ classes in Pennsylvania that I could learn from.