Welcome Wilkommen Bienvenue

Thanks for visiting ! Please leave me comments, I love to read what you might think about the boutis (which is also known as "Broderie de Marseille"), please share with me what you have seen, what you love, how-tos, good museums to visit, pattern origins, and so on ..... you get the idea !

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Souvenirs from Caissargues

 I did very little shopping at the expo in France, and I am sure I could have bought many more things !  I did purchase a piece of Den Haan Dutch chintz, a 2 yard piece which I thought would make a pretty, small courtepointe with a plain color on the reverse.  The pattern is from the "Island Marken" design.
Isabelle made me a gift of the fabulous white linen batiste shown, it is so beautiful.  I am planning to use it for the vanne below as my personal souvenir of a memorable weekend spent with the ladies and Hubert.  Hubert also had the idea for the design of  the needles from Bohin, they are specially for stuffing the boutis, are longer and fine, and have a blunt tip.

 France Boutis offered this wonderful pattern for a small "vanne" as the pattern for the expo in full size.  Recently it had appeared in the Fil Blanc but not full size.  Again, I think this would make a wonderful courtepointe if it was enlarged a little.  This is the pattern I will use the fine linen batiste for.
And finally, I picked up Janet's and my pochettes that Lou had patiently looked after since the exchange in March at Pierrefeu.  Aren't the scissors wonderful ?  They are small and elegant, hand made in  Nogent, and have long, thin, sharp tips, perfect for applique.   The scissor and knife maker from Nogent was a vendor at the expo, and he had truly wonderful scissors, some (very expensive) ones real works of art, a once-in-a-lifetime purchase.   These are a gift from Lou, who  spoiled me the whole weekend.  Thank you so much, I will always remember it.

6 comments:

Donna in SW PA said...

Can't wait to see you new piece as you work. LOvely things

Patricia said...

Lovely reading and seeing all. I hve visited the France Boutis site but joining looks complicated and can't see how to do this/make payemnt online. Love the vanne pattern you show - is it possible to buy a copy of this from France Boutis without belonging? Do you visit France every year?
Patricia (Scotland)

Heather said...

Hello Patricia,
Nice to hear from you again !
Please email me and I will help you contact FB
You can email me from the blog under profile, thanks

Marie du Gard said...

Coucou Heather, C'est vrai que ce premier salon du boutis à Caissargues sera gravé dans nos mémoires. Je vois que tu y a fait de beaux achats. Ce tissu est magnifique. Je te souhaite une bonne journée. Bises de la Provence.

Marie du Gard said...

Coucou Heather, C'est vrai que ce premier salon du boutis à Caissargues sera gravé dans nos mémoires. Je vois que tu y a fait de beaux achats. Ce tissu est magnifique. Je te souhaite une bonne journée. Bises de la Provence.

Jubama said...

patch magnifique !!! et le boutis va être splendide !